Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 01:42:47 -0500
From:      OCCGRP@aol.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Does FreeBSD work with 3Com Eth

I have just purchased the FreeBSD CD (the new version 2.0) from Walnut Creek
and I am trying to get it to work with the 3Com EtherLink III 3C509-COMBO.
I have already gotten it to work with an SMC ethernet card, but I need the
3Com
as well.  I read through the FAQs sent with the CD ROM and they mention that
a driver might someday be available for the 3Com.  Is this driver available
now?
If it is, where would I get it (hopefully FTP site) and and how would I
install it
(I don't know much about Kernel modifications)?  When I installed the SMC
ethernet
card, I just plugged it in with the correct jumper settings and it worked.

Thanks for your assistance and for a great UNIX system!!
Jay O'Brien
occgrp@aol.com