Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:49:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, dwilde1@thuntek.net, wes@softweyr.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Treading on toes (was: O'Reilly article: Whence the Source: Untangling the Open Source/Free Software Debate)

> > I didn't say that I wanted to be the spokesman -- just a coordinator
> > and/or an active member/leader of one or more of the teams. I'd be glad
> > to push toward the podium some spokesman other than me who seem to be
> > able to turn away wrath more effectively.
>
> I think that there are enough people who are saying "Brett, stop
> talking and do something" to make this a necessity.  But remember that
> word "team".  You'd have to accept the fact that the goals of the team
> wouldn't be your own personal goals (for example, I think that
> attacking the GPL right now would be a Bad Thing).

Can a person be both a Californian and an American at the same time?

How about both a Catholic and an Italian?

Most people have more than one thing in which they believe, and we
should respect their right to hold those beliefs, even if an external
observer sees conflicting loyalties or contradictions in their
holding more than one view simultaneously.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.