Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:43:09 -0700
From:      Thomas Skibo <skibo@pacbell.net>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: serious problem with wi(4) (D-Link DWL-650)

Jose M. Alcaide wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have timeout problems with the D-Link DWL-650 every time I try to
> transmit big files (> 500 KB, for example): the transmission gets hanged
> after 200-300 KB have been transferred (the exact point varies). It also
> sometimes happens when when doing a ping flood (ping -s 1400 -f). However,
> data reception works just fine, including promiscuous mode.

I've seen this problem too.  I have a DWL-650 and it cannot transmit even
the most modest size files without freezing.  I looked into the problem and
I'm convinced there is some sort of bug in device (or its firmware).  I moved
that card to a machine I don't use much and haven't given it much thought.

Oh, and the problem goes away if you turn off WEP.