Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:43:42 -2300 (/usr/i)
From:      Erik Stainsby <stainsby@lets.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   read lease length on DHCP license?

Greetings,

I am about to be using ADSL as my primary connection from home to my
production environment and want to be able to setup a VPN of sorts between
the home box and the working static network.  ADSL as provided by the
telco is DHCP only.  What I'd like to be able to do is establish the lease
duration sa given by the telco when I connect, and ship this as a TTL with
the IP assigned to my nameserver, register that in the name tables,
restart the nameservice and voila! I'm a member of my named space.

Am  I insane? Is there any clearly foreseeable flaw? Any pointers?

Cheers,
     Erik Stainsby
     stainsby@lets.net
     (604) 451-5454