Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:06:17 -0600
From:      "Duke Normandin" <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
To:        "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Am I just being dumb (apache/php)

On Sunday, April 23, 2000  Mitch Vincent <mitch@venux.net> wrote:

>Try
>
><?php
>
>phpinfo();
>
>?>
>
>in a file named <something>.php3
>
>See what that gets you.
>
>After that, check out www.php.net and read up :-)

Do what Mitch suggested.....then cut-n-paste the following into a file
called test.php3

<?php
print "Goodbye cruel world....";
?>

Called it up with the following:
http://localhost/test.php3

If you want to mix PHP code with HTML, you can do:

<h2 align="center">Marc's HomePage</h2>
<?php
print "Goodbye cruel world....<br>\n";
?>
<hr>

Save this bugger as test.phtml (You'll have to add

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml

to your Apache config. When PHP will be doing its thing AND the HTML,
I use the .php3 extension. When I break in and out of PHP within an
HTML file, I use the .phtml extension.

Let me know off-list how you make out!

-duke