Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:58:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.GUN.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'd vote to put the CVS repository onto the next FreeBSD CD-Rom

> > I haven't the vaguest idea of the economics of the situation, from a cost
> > standpoint.  This might be insulting, I don't know, but 10 or 15 dollars
> > to me, I'd order it.  I'd expect it to be pretty stripped down, and not
> > terribly useful to the general public type of thing.
>
> That price range doesn't seem entirely out of the question.  I'll
> start our management at $10 and see how close to that figure I can
> actually keep it.. :-)

$10 would be fine ;-) But I doubt, that a subscription on a 4
-9 weekl basis is that what one would need. If I get such a
CD-ROM once, I'd try to start to setup CTM asap. After that
there should be no need (if everything runs fine with ctm)
to get it again and again.

But in case of ctm doing something bad to my cvs source tree it
would be fine, if one could order such a CD-ROM on demand.
If WC would plan to produce this CD-Rom 4 times in the year
for a special developer nice price it would be sufficient.

If it would be 4 times in the year for $40-50/year I would be
again in the boat to do a subscription.

What do you think ?

	Andreas ///

--