Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 11:07:47 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -stable and pp bus.

> If there any chance, in the near future, of having the ppbus stuff for
> parallel port ZIP support, being commited into -stable?

No.  The ppbus code is still far too much of a moving target.

> The reason I ask is that I'm working on a boot floppy to support parallel
> port zip drive installation, and I'm lazy and don't want to have to move
> files around again every time I cvsup.

If you are doing this, you should be using the standalone
zip-on-parallel-port driver (ppa3), which will drop quite cleanly into
-stable.  It's reasonably easy to substitute kernels on the boot floppy
once you manage to work out how it's built.

>  Plus, it would gain a wider
> testing ground.  I know that that's the purpose of -current, but I've
> heard that the driver is pretty stable, so it may be ready for -stable.

It's not ready for prime-time in any way, shape or form, sorry.

mike