Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 2000 19:37:49 -0400
From:      media@ct1.nai.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   obtaining partition information??

I'm following up my own question, with another question :)

If I boot from the 4.1 CD-ROM I can go into stand/sysinstall and the choose
upgrade.  However this brings me to another "fdisk" utility which does not
show an existing FreeBSD partition!!  I don't know why -- I would just like
to use my old slices.  I would think changing the slices would erase any
other data I have.  Besides, people on this list have suggested that the
removal of the bad block scan in 4.1 is the reason why I cannot install it
directly in the first place.

Regardless, UPGRADE.TXT says that I should make a note of my mount points
before I upgrade.  If I enter "cat /etc/fstab" I can see my mount points,
but it does not tell me how large my slices are, so that I can re-enter the
same information into the disk editor.  Where can I get this information so
that I can keep my slices the same size??