Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:36:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I really really really need some help with this 'make' problem... PLEASE

--- "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:58:32PM -0800, Bsd Neophyte wrote:
> You X11 install is messed up or incomplete. How did you install X? Did
> you install it from sysinstall(8) without checking the,
>
>   [ ]  prog   Programmer's header and library files
>
> Box? You needed to if you want to build ports that depend on X. You
> can either go back to sysinstall(8) or rebuild X in the ports.

you're something else... I couldn't find the "prog" bit anywhere... so I
reinstalled XFree86 3.3.6 from the ports... and then I tried installing
gtk12 and mozilla from the ports... AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))

thank you SOOOOO much on this one... hardly anyone touched this problem...
and you resolved it!

only one problem though... after I reinstalled it from the ports... well
the windows manager seems to freeze on me.

i type "startx" and something happens... but the windows manager never
seems to refresh... I had alot of terminal boxes but they're all empty,
w/o a cursor.

when I ran the reinstall did I screw something up?

-Sameer