Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:28:20 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        "ETHAN HOUSE (RIT Student)" <ewh2048@rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Base System Rebuild

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:21:32 -0800
"ETHAN HOUSE (RIT Student)" <ewh2048@rit.edu> wrote:

> I have a working root shell. sshd still seems to work fine, for now
> atleast.

so, download the sources. Isn't 9.2 also the current version of the 9
branch? If not, download the 9.2 release sources and compile them.

It should always work out to download and compile the sources. If the
version is identical, you should not need the mergemaster step but this
could also create other problems. Root should always work afterwards.
At least it did for me.

Erich