Date:      Fri, 05 May 2000 11:51:01 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpchroot + FreeBSD 3.4 (or a new ftpd?)

When a user is chrooted via FTP, they cannot see sub-directories when
using any popular M$ Windows-based graphical ftp clients. This error is
reporducable, thus far on 6 boxes all running FreeBSD 3.4, they produce
the same result? Yet if I login using a text-based client like M$'s
'ftp.exe', it works fine?
	Anyone have a solution to this, or come accross it before? If I cannot
find a perminant solution to this problem quickly, can anyone reccomend
a good ftpd replacement?
	The systems are acting primarily as webservers; so the only ftp access
(again, for the most part), is that of users to upload their websites. I
must be able to chroot users though.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com