Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:25:00 -0700
From:      "Max Clark" <max.clark@media.net>
To:        "James Godwin" <james@organicwire.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Ideal mail server: qmail or postfix

Where is my nomex?

I use both postfix and qmail for various different reasons. Postfix has a
very familiar feel to sendmail. So if you have a lot of mind share in
sendmail already I would suggest that you look in that direction.

Postfix has an extremely active user/developer base new features are
constently being added. Qmail has been critized for being "stagnate" (in my
opion the "if it ain't broke" kinda thing).

Personally I use Postfix for relay servers, spam/virus gateways, backup mx
servers, etc... and I host all of my user accounts on qmail.

Check out http://www.lifewithqmail.org/ which will give you the best
introduction into what qmail is.

Like I said before, if you are coming from a legacy sendmail environment I
would suggest postfix.

Max