Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 2021 13:53:12 +0100
From:      Evilham <contact@evilham.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Subject:   Re: Current kernel build broken with linuxkpi?

On dc., gen. 13 2021, David Wolfskill wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 02:52:32PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
>>
>> Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>:
>>
>> >   You need to update that DRM port you are using before the
>> >   issue
>> >   will be fixed.
>>
>> 	I'm confused.
>> 	I have drm-current-kmod listed in PORTS_MODULES; things on
>> that
>> list get built _after_ buildkernel (installkernel??) for
>> reasons I
>> thought I understood.
>> 	You are telling me I need to update this _before_ buildkernel?
>>

>> 			Perplexedly,
>
> He telling you to update the port itself -- e.g.,
> /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod, as the port was recently updated:

> r561457 | manu | 2021-01-13 03:22:25 -0800 (Wed, 13 Jan 2021) |
> 6 lines
>
> graphics/drm-{current,devel}-kmod: Update to latest source
>
> This fix a compilation problem with a pre 1300135 source tree.
>
> Reported by:    Filippo Moretti <filippomore@yahoo.com>
>

> So you need to update the "ports files" to get that update, then
> rebuild
> the port (in concert with rebuilding the kernel, as you are
> doing).
>
> Peace,
> david

Just as a curiosity because I was hit by this and the thread was
helpful:
I was unable to build the kernel with an up to date
drm-current-kmod, but as soon as I switched to drm-devel-kmod, I
was able to.
The running kernel was uname -K: 1300133.

Thanks everyone for having added their input here.
--
Evilham