Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:57:07 +1100 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   maildirs...how do I create them?

Hi all here is a bit of classic ignorance/confusion
for you.
I wish to install webmail.
IMHO is a roxen module which has it(mostly) all.
It can use courier imap.
Imap needs to use maildirs.
I already have users on my system usin  cucipop mail
access and I have sendmail on the system (Freebsd 4.3)
I don't understand what I have to do to create these
maildirs? Th imap docs are confuding to me.
Do I have all the mail software I need?
Am I supposed to install Qmail or something instead of
sendmail?
I'd reaaly appreciate some hand leading here. I am
comfortable with sendmail pop3 etc....I am wading out
of my depth but HAVE to go there.
PS use the kiss principle on me please.. I am not a
guru here (rather obviously) just a "you'll do"
teacher trying to admin or school's systems.

Thanks in advance
Keith

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.