Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:43:52 +0000
From:      "Alireza Torabi" <alireza.torabi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   bpf packet capture and SOCK_STREAM socket redirects...

Hi All,

Is it possible to redirect/send/divert a bpf packet capture of one
interface to a listening tcp socket on another interface of the same
machine?
Here is my problem:
I'm capturing packets on one interface but for some specific tcp
packets let's say from host A to host B on port P, I want to hijack
the packet and send it to a listening tcp socket on the other
interface and reply an "Access Denied" message.

I'd like to use the tcp socket on the other interface as it's not
possible to communicate over the interface that's doing the packet
capture and I don't want to invent the wheel by doing all the tcp/tcb
states hence using a tcp socket.

Thanks a lot
Alireza

PS. I've posted this to freebsd-questions too. My apologies.