Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:45:03 +0800
From:      Sunpoet Hsieh <sunpoet@sunpoet.net>
To:        madal 30 <madal30@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing java in freebsd 8

Hi,

Did you see error message like this?
=3D> tzupdater-1_3_29-2010f.zip doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfil=
es/.

By default, diablo-jdk16 requires tzupdater.
You may skip this by setting WITHOUT_TZUPDATE.
tzupdater can be manually downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp,
"JDK DST Timezone Update Tool - 1.3.29" is the first item in
"Additional Resources" section.

- Sunpoet

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:31 PM, madal 30 <madal30@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I am having issue with installing java in my freebsd 8. I issue the comma=
nd in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk16 , make install clean but i get error :

> =C2=A0Because of licensing restrictions, you must fetch the distribution
> =C2=A0manually.
>
> =C2=A0Please access
>
> =C2=A0 =C2=A0 http://www.FreeBSDFoundation.org/cgi-bin/download?download=
=3Ddiablo-caffe-freebsd7-i386-1.6.0_07-b02.tar.bz2

> =C2=A0with a web browser and "Accept" the End User License Agreement for
> =C2=A0"Caffe Diablo 1.6.0".
>
> =C2=A0Please open
>
> =C2=A0 =C2=A0 http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/
>
> =C2=A0in a web browser and follow the "Download" link for "Java
> =C2=A0Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction
> =C2=A0Policy Files 6" to obtain the JCE policy file, jce_policy-6.zip.
>
> =C2=A0Please place the downloaded file(s) in /usr/ports/distfiles. can an=
yone help me how to install java in my freebsd 8 ? any help would be apprec=
iated.