Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:49:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Void <void@mindcryme.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB portable storage drive

Hello,

I recently bought a archos jukebox recorder 15 mp3 player, which can act
as a portable storage drive, and have sucessfully booted with it
attached on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE, and mounted it.  I have this enabled in my kernel.

device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

When booting with it attached the kernel finds it
usb1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
umass0: ARCHOS           ARCHOS USB2.0 (P4a), rev 2.00/11.01, addr 2
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <IBM-IC25 N015ATDA04-0 DA2A> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 14403MB (29498112 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 14403C)

but if I try to remove it by unhooking it from the USB port and
reattaching it I get this as an error

umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR

I also tried to use camcontrol to find it when booting without it attached
and it can't find it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew Luberto
void@mindcryme.com