Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 1999 11:32:20 -0500
From:      "Stevan S." <sjsan@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   error reading primary partition table

Hi everyone,

The other day I was doing routine maintenance on my 3.2 system, I came
across an email the machine emailed me (root).  In the email, it included
the message below.  Can someone shed some light on this and what does it
mean?  The system that I'm using is a Dell PII 350, 128 MB, 6GB HDD, CDROM,
Floppy, and a IDE zip drive.

Thanks in advance.
Stevan

merlin.austin.cc.tx.us kernel log messages:
 > acd0: read_toc failed
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0
 > wfd0: tray open
 > wfd0: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0

__

Stevan Sanchez, Communication Major
University of Texas at Austin
College of Communication