Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:30:40 -0500
From:      "Francis Whittington" <fewjr@adelphia.net>
To:        "Chris Hill" <chris@monochrome.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more info again

Hi Chris,
    I knew that diagram was going to juggled.....sorry. All the IP =
addresses were assigned by DHCP. I did not do anything manually. I do =
have good news though. I am going to follow this guide. Thanks to the =
other person who suggested it.

http://www.unixguide.net/freebsd/fbsd_installguide/index.php=20

I have read it and even though I am using 5.3, it seems to make sense to =
me to do it step by step this way. So instead of trying to setup a stand =
alone work station to learn on, I will make it a gateway router. Thats =
what I wanted to do in the first place. As a matter of fact, a couple of =
years ago someone on Linuxhelp (radiogeo.....good ole George), helped me =
setup a Slackware router/firewall box out of a 486DX 50. It worked =
great. My main computer took a dump and I never hooked the router back =
up when the box was built. So after a couple of years I am back at =
trying this UNIX thing.=20
    I'll let you know how its going from time to time if thats ok. I =
have only one question about this. If I still want to use my wireless =
router as a switch.....will it work?
                                                    Thanks,
                                                     Buddy