Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:26:27 -0500
From:      seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach)
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP system not running SMP

In message <E1FvjxS-000BxU-Mx@dilbert.firstcallgroup.co.uk>, Pete French writes
:
>It's not Adaptec specific though - I get the same problem with a
>Compaq 5304 SMART RAID. Something about the way these cars do
>interrupts ?

Might be.  When I boot this machine under FreeBSD, I do get odd messages
(I think they were in that dmesg) about the SCSI controller's interrupt
handling.

Data point:  NetBSD is running in 64-bit mode, SMP, without configuring
ACPI at all.  I assume they just talked to the APIC the old-fashioned way
or something.

-s