Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:29:17 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Charlie Root <admin@cyrebels.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creative SB PCI 128, help!

Charlie Root wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been reading all the threads talkin about problems with sb
> pci128, and none of them helped me get it to work...
>
> First off, when i do a pnpinfo, it doenst parse my soudnd card, and,
> in the dmsg output i get this:
>
> es1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x07 int a irq 9 on pci0.11.0
> pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xcc00
> es1371: codec vendor  revision 0
> es1371: codec features Bass & Treble
> es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement

Well, you don't have a SB but a relabled Ensoniq PCI 128. You also
need to ./MAKEDEV snd1. I added an es1371 because of the ease that it
went in on most of the systems. I ended up following
http://www.freebsddiary.org/sound.html. I'm using KDE and you do have
to enable system sounds and then assign sounds to an event.

HTH,

Kent

--
Kent Stewart