Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 21:35:08 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: internal hosts in email

Chip Morton wrote:
> At 02:18 PM 5/15/2002, Eric Anderson wrote:
> >See, this is why I love the freebsd community.  Brutal honesty, yet helpful at
> >the same time.  The problem with documentation, is that it sucks ass.  If you
> >know what you are looking for, it's easy as pie to find what you need, but
> >then,
> >if you know what you are looking for, then hell, who needs the docs....
>
> Now Eric, you know good and well that you're supposed to have read every
> shred of written documentation on an available subject before you step into
> the FreeBSD Coliseum asking your pedestrian questions.  I think I read that
> in the list charters somewhere. ;-)

Generally speaking, there's only one shred for sendmail, and
that's the README files in the sources.

Everyone always ignores the IGNOREME^WREADME files for Sendmail,
even though they know the book is seriously out of date, and has
been for over two years now (but the book does discuss the subject).

My answer was phrased the way it was because of the tendency to
go fishing for easy answers before going and looking where you
would be expected to have looked first.  8-).

Plus, as this is -chat, I'd be well within the bounds of reason to
list available shoe sizes from Nike.com as my response.

8^p.

-- Terry