Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 96 13:31 MET
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tired of "isa_dmadone_nobounce" messages

Hi!
---

In article <freebsd-current.199602071410.IAA05624@miller.cs.uwm.edu>,
	Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu> writes:
>The problem is that someone changed the isa.c dma_start code
>and the sound code a week or so ago and didn't complete the
>required changes.  They added the code to set dma_dusy[], but didn't
>add the code to clear dma_busy[] in dmabuf.c.  Thus, the messages.

Yesterday I had another look at isa.c and I think isa_dmastart as well
as isa_dmadone and isa_dmadone_nobounce look ok. The problem definately
seems to be in the sounddriver, although I couldn't find anything
obscure in there. Perhaps somebody with more experience of the sound-
drivers could have a look at this again. BTW: The problem is not that
the busy flag gets set and not reset but rather that some part of the
sounddriver attempts to clear the flag twice in which case the flag
isn't set in the second attempt. Thus the message: "channel xx not busy"
This could happen if isa_dmadone_nobounce was called twice for example.

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de