Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:18:00 -0500
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        awad@hushmail.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NETWORK DESTROYED!!! hieeelp

awad@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Sorry about the captivating subject.
>
> My FreeBSD 5.X-STABLE configuration has been running flawlessly
> for months now. Then all of a sudden, two days ago, things became
> rather strange.
>
> 1) My reverse DNS doesn't work.
> 2) Because of that, my mail and web system is down.
> 3) I can't SSH/FTP into certain servers.
>
> My DNS server setup really is functional. So it cannot be that.
> I could, however, provide the configuration files if requested.
>
> Nothing in /var/log contains anything useful.
> And /var/named/var/log is empty.
>
> I just installed PF, so I thought that was the problem.
> I've completely disabled PF, yet the problem is still there.
>
> I appreciate ALL THE HELP I CAN GET! PLEASE!
>
> Thanks,
> -- Awad

Did you do buildworld and installworld anytime in the last 2 months?
What about a cvsup of the ports tree and a portupgrade? Is so - did you
read both /usr/src/UPDATING & /usr/ports/UPDATING?

--
Best regards,
Chris

Everything is revealed to he who turns over enough stones.
(Including the snakes that he did not want to find.)