Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 2015 01:30:21 +0200
From:      Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   service bluetooth start ubt0 fails every other time

When initially calling service bluetooth start ubt0, I usually get an error:

/etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0

When tracking the error down, I can link it to the command

ngctl mkpeer ubt0: hci hook drv
ngctl: send msg: File exists

So I assume, when attaching my usb host controller, the usb framework
has already launched the bluetooth start ubt0? Is that correct?

What happens then is that

                bluetooth_shutdown_stack $dev

is called, actually shutting down the device. This is exactly the
opposite of the expected effect.

Maybe the rc script should check if the stack is already set up and exit
with a more verbose error and then not shut down the interface?

  erdgeist