Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:25:48 -0700
From:      Scott Taylor <staylor@graphicexpress.net>
To:        alexis@ww.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: upsd-2.0

I pulled upsd as a tarball off the cre8tive site. I get a POLLBUFLEN
undeclared then an apc_tune error then it exits. I haven't had a chance
to debug it yet. What did you do to get it to compile under FreeBSD?

The reason I ask is (1) it does not appear to be reading my
/etc/upsd.conf - should it be somewhere else?
and (2) it looks to be made for a 230V smartups and mine is a 115V
model. (This appears hardcoded as well, so I might need to redo some of
the include files for it to allow 115-v appropriate tunings) And my
times are going to be vastly different. I'm using it on an unattended
server which should run somewhere around 2 hours on battery. I can't
have my box shutting itself off after 2 minutes.

Also, mine is the 700NET model. There look to be definitions specific to
make it recognize the 2 smallest models. will I need to add parameters
for my model's identifier?

It is pulling readings from the ups, and it does recognize a power
failure, but I need to better tune it for my environment.