Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 11:19:37 -0500
From:      Heather Lois Plunkett <HeatherLois@MailAndNews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question...

December 11, 1999  11:17:19 AM

Hi. I have an older AST laptop. A 486 4/SL Power Exec to be exact and
I'm thinking of switching my OS from DOS and Windows 3.1 to FreeBSD.
What I'd like to know is can I easily use FreeBSD without too big a
learning curve? Will it be a faster running OS than I'm currently
using and will I be able to utilize TCP/IP for internet and e-mail
access. I'm mainly interesting in writing letters and papers and
sending e-mail with this laptop. That's it. Thanks for your help.

Heather Lois Plunkett † http://talk.to/HeatherLois
Y.W.A.M.- Ask how I may be a tax deduction for you!
Fax directly to my e-mail @ 1-603-954-5690