Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:27:35 -0600
From:      Chris Coleman <ccoleman@oreilly.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Orinoco Turbo 11 Mbs with ISA adapter No I/O

The problem turned out to be the Win98 machine.  I had two gold cards, one was a
newer Orinoco  and the other a little older Wavelan card.  I installed the wavelan
card in the win98 machine first and then upgraded the driver and isntalled the
orinoco card.  The Orinoco card never worked properly in the Win98 box, but it
works fine in the FBSD box.  I switched cards and downgraded win98 drivers and
things started working.

-Chris

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <3A36C7DF.8F834AEA@oreilly.com> Chris Coleman writes:
> : I figure I am much closer to getting this to work though.  Both are 11mb gold
> : cards.
>
> Make sure they are both in ad-hoc mode.  Make sure they are both on
> the same frequency.
>
> Warner

Chris Coleman
Open Source Editor
O'Reilly Network                            Daemon News
http://www.oreillynet.com                   http://www.daemonnews.org