Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:50:16 +0100
From:      Postmater Default Mailbox <freebsd-lists@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   named problem

hi group

Obviously I've broken something. Hopefully you can help me. For some
reason I keep getting this error in /var/log/messages

named[289]: denied update from [192.168.1.7].4757 for "1.168.192.in-
addr.arpa" IN

192.168.1.7 is a win2k box which isn't running anything special. It is
just a workstation, its not running any servers.

192.168.1.2 is my freebsd router

This started happening after I upgraded to 4.4-STABLE. I ran mergemaster
and was careful to keep all the old info, but I guess (from the error
message) that I didn't, either that or named is doing something in 4.4
that it wasn't doing in 4.3

can anyone here give me clues as to what file or what could be causing
this?

thanks
--
John - freebsd-lists@i-zone.demon.co.uk - jfm@reiteration.net