Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:25:38 -0800
From:      Sean Ellis <sellis@telus.net>
To:        "ScaryG" <freymann@eagle.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mirroring Hard Disk

Hello,

> On 4 Jan 2002 at 15:28, jacks@sage-american.com wrote:

>> Am building a new box that will contain two identical hard disks. Plan
>> to install FreeBSD on the first hard disk and would like to mirror to
>> the second HD.

>  We bought a Mylex RAID card instead (since we had SCSI drives) and
> just setup the card with the two drives at RAID1 and voila. Seemed
> much easier than figuring out Vinum.

When I recently asked about cloning a hard drive I was offered a
couple of leads for a daily mirroring of a hard drive. I'm not
sure if mirroring the drives on a daily basis would be suitable for
what jacks is asking about, but I'd be interested for any comment on
using rsync or dd as means of keeping two drives relatively
synchronized.

--
Regards,
 Sean                            mailto:sellis@telus.net