Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 14:52:58 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Popper docs?

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Ken Marsh wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Mike wrote:
>
> > > I have all of my outgoing mail going into /var/spool/mqueue, and my
> > > sendmail flags are ``-bd -odq'', so I can send my mail in one batch with
> > > ``sendmail -q''. Now I just need to get popper to nab my mail from my POP3
> > > account and drop it into /usr/home/mydir. Is this not what popper does?
> > >

> > You want the port of either popclient or pine to retrieve mail.
>
> is popper not a pop client?
No!
popper is the pop server (kind of software your ISP is probably using to
let YOU retrieve your mail...)

> I have pine. I set up pine per the instructions supplied from the
> University of Washington, and the result was two INBOX's, each a mirror of
> the other, and neither of them operative when I was not connected via PPP.
>
> This is not what I want. I want software that will use POP or IMAP to grab
> my mail!
You can try popclient (it's in the ports). I myself use Netscape when I
need pop mail (which I seldom do...). If you have netscape (V2.0 and
above) you can use it. You set the pop server address under "Mail and
News Preferences".

> Ken Marsh

Nadav