Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:05:42 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   can't telnet to linux host

hello everyone!

something's really weird -- i can't telnet to my linux mail host from my
FreeBSD machine but i can telnet from the linux mail host to the FreeBSD
machine. the linux mail host is slackware 3.2 with shadow support. i
checked /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/login.access and
disabled everything but i can't still telnet to the linux host! am i
missing something here?

i would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

--- FRANCIS VIDAL, USLSnet, University of St. La Salle, Bacolod City, PH
    P G P key available at -- ftp://ftp.usls.edu/pub/pgpkeys/francis.pgp