Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:59:35 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        'ceh5' <ceh1@mail.flashmail.com>, "Freebsd-Questions (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SV: Apache 1.3 and FreeBSD 4.0/Win2k

To start with I would throw out the W2k machine that acts as the gateway
to the internet if you would like to keep you network secure.  Use a
FreeBSD 4.2 with a firewall and nat instead, with some good firewall rules.

If you only are using IIS (ICS? I guess this is a typo) your out
of luck.  You need something like MS Proxy to let you map ports
like that to the internal network.

Your not really on the right mailing list to get support how to setup
your Win2k to do this, but basiclly you need to tell Win2k that when it
get a request on port 100 it should forward this to the internal ip
of the FreeBSD port 80.  You can know axess the web-page on the internet
by typing in IE http://hostname.com:100

This is if you only have only 1 ip adress to the internet. If you have
two or more and at least 1 is free, you could put the box dirctly on the
internet with two netcards. One connected to the internet and one connected
to the internal LAN.  You need to implement some security on the FreeBSD,
but it seems to me that security isn't a big thing in your network so natd
should be sufficent.

PeTe