Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:14:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>, Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic from Yesterday's CVSup

On 06-Feb-01 Andrea Campi wrote:
>> > Besides the obvious need to fix this one problem, shouldn't we
>> > ASSERT ih->ih_handler != NULL before calling it?
>>
>> It isn't null in this case, it is 0xdeadc0de.  Can you try a pre-preemption
>> kernel and see if that fixes it?
>
> *BLUSH* Of course ehehe ;-)
>
> Ok, I will. Can you give me a date I should try going back to, without kernel
> getting out of sync with my world?

Umm, this is the commit you want to be before:

jake        2001/01/31 19:34:21 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/alpha/alpha      interrupt.c machdep.c
    sys/i386/isa         ithread.c npx.c
  Log:
  Implement preemptive scheduling of hardware interrupt threads.

A kernel on the 30th or so should work fine with an up to date world.