Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:44:10 -0500
From:      James Tormos <frodo@mtgbcs.ho.lucent.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forwarding mail

We are attempting to set up forwarding of mail off of our mail server,
and can do so for all mail generated on the server.  Mail is correctly
sent to an external mail server.

However, when an external mail server attempts to deliver mail to
a user on our server, who has mail forwarding turned off, the
attempt is rejected, with messages like:

frodo@avaya.com
    (expanded from: <frodo@meyer-spare2.ho.lucent.com>)

553 frodo@avaya.com... External gateway use prohibited
554 frodo@avaya.com... Service unavailable