Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:08:05 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox locking and unkillable

Hello.

I'm quite unhappy with firefox3 on a 6.3p8/i386 and I'm in need advices
on how to fix this.

I use Firefox to display some sites that Konqueror won't work with, but
it is highly unstable.
As soon as I visit some sites, it locks up instantly; with others it
might work or not, depending on I don't know what: it might stand that
it locks more frequently if I click somewhere without waiting for the
page to load fully, but I'm not sure about this.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Furthermore, when it locks, it's unkillable.
Here's what I have after killing -9 firefox-bin.

%ps ax | grep firef
13158  ??  I      0:00.01 /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/firefox3
13162  ??  I      0:00.01 /bin/sh /usr/local/lib/firefox3/run-mozilla.sh
/usr/local/lib/firefo
13167  ??  T      0:39.83 /usr/local/lib/firefox3/firefox-bin
35238  p9  R+     0:00.00 grep firef

I read "T" means stopped state, but I don't really know what that means
and how to cope.

Finally, just an annoyance, but might be related: everytime I start it,
even if closed regularly on the previous run, it displays a dialog saying:
"Your last Firefox session closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs
and windows from your previous session, or start a new session if you
think the problem was related to a page you were viewing."
and asking me whether I want to start a new session or restore the
previuous one
Both choices lead up to a blank window (that's what I want).

  bye & Thanks
	av.