Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <drosehn@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35897: upgrading the linux_base port runs into trouble

The following reply was made to PR ports/35897; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garance A Drosehn <drosehn@rpi.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:14:54 -0500

 In the PR, I (garance) wrote:

 > 	    #   To really de-install it:
 > 	    /usr/local/sbin/pkg_deinstall -f linux_base
 > 	    umount linprocfs
 > 	    rm -Rf /compat/linux/*

 That 'rm' turned out to be a little too eager.  It ends up deleting
 /compat/linux/dev, which then broke my vmware2 port, so I had to
 reinstall vmware2.  It might be that none of those subdirectories really
 "need" to be deleted.  I'll take another crack at deinstall/installing
 it, and see what happens.

 ---
 Garance Alistair Drosehn     =      gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu
 Senior Systems Programmer           or     gad@FreeBSD.org
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA