Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:08:55 +0000
From:      "Edward Beidler" <anannonymus1@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   connecting to the WWW

hello,
:freebsd 4.2 release #0 h@bento.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386;

I have a ethernet card and an isp, is there a simple way to set up FreeBSD
to access the WWW? the book simply does not have enough info for a simple
installation, networks and the internet explain components of the internet,
but no steps on excactly what FreeBSD needs to have done to a fresh install
to access it? Do I need to set up a local network though I am using this
machine stand alone? when setting up network services from /stand/sysinstall
I am confronted with NSMenu which components need to be installed to access
the WWW? in network intfc info a user confirmation "try IPv6" is requested?
I have accepted both, dhcp =both? network config, host=machine name,
domain=blank, IPv4 Gateway=isp provided gateway= xx.x.x.x? Name Server=DNS
isp provided=xxx.xx.xxx.xx? IPv4 address= isp provided IP=xx.x.x.xxx
Netmask=subnetMask isp provided=xx.x.x.x? is IPv4 default install? IPv6? do
I need to manually configure network access, routing protocols, name
resolution, ect, do I have to install IPv4-6? for access to the www? Lost...

&Ntilde;&Icirc;&Ntilde;&Eacute;&beta;&Delta;&Pi; IIVI