Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:43:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Michael Pearlman <canuck@caam.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   multiple boot DOS, WinNT 4 and FreeBSD

I am trying to set up a system which will boot DOS, WinNT 4 and FreeBSD 2.1.5.
I have two SCSI disks and a SCSI CD running off of a Tekram DC390F controller.
I have the Tekram FreeBSD disks and can run a multiple OS systems with
either
	1) DOS and WinNT 4
or
	2) DOS and FreeBSD

However, my goal is to run all three with DOS and WinNT on sd0
and FreeBSD on sd1 using the WinNT loader to load the OS (alternative
suggestions are welcome). I have small FAT partitions at the start of
each disk to get around geometry complaints at bootup and am loading
FreeBSD into the second partition. When I follow the FAQ on using the
WinNT loader and select FreeBSD, I get a
	No boot partition
message. I suspect that either I did not get the correct boot block or
that the FAQ does not work when the multiple OS are across more than
one disk.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

thanks

michael pearlman <canuck@caam.rice.edu>

P.S. Please reply directly to the email address above as well as to the list.