Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 2021 08:07:05 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Thiago Luiz Parolin <thiago.parolin@unesp.br>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install .deb in /compat/ubuntu linuxulator

On 6/2/21 10:02 PM, Thiago Luiz Parolin wrote:
> I used linux-browser-installer to get netflix on my freebsd 13, and
> everything works fine.
> Now I need to access internet banking which only works if I install a
> component on the system that is only available for windows/mac/linux. I
> would like to use the .deb package from the linux version to install this
> software, which is not available for freebsd and there is no access to the
> source code.
> How to proceed?

when i've done this in the past i created a linux environment based on
the instructions here:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/LinuxJails

after you get things setup you can chroot into this environment like so:
chroot /compat/ubuntu /bin/bash

then from there you can run apt-get, dpkg etc.  the wiki has some other
details so def read it closely.

-pete

--
Pete Wright