Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:12:30 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
To:        Stef Walter <stef-list@memberwebs.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, stef@memberwebs.com
Subject:   Re: ath0: ath_rx_proc: no mbuf!

Hello, Stef.
You wrote 20 =E0=E2=E3=F3=F1=F2=E0 2009 =E3., 08:20:17:

> I'm having a problem on an old FreeBSD 6.0 box, that's a wireless
> router, been running steadily for years.

> A short while ago (perhaps due to a change in traffic), every few hours,
> the wireless interface becomes unresponsive, and I started seeing
> thousands of lines like this in:

> ath0: ath_rx_proc: no mbuf!

> The mbufs are in fact all used up. I allocate more via
> kern.ipc.nmbclusters, and see the same behavior.
  Same problem here on 7.2-STABLE, but incresaing kern.ipc.nmbclusters
to 65536 helps. It seems, that when traffic is reauuly huge, system
with ath need a lot of mbufs. At night, when traffic is almost zero,
netstat -m shows a lot of free mbufs and clusters, so it seems, that
there is no mbuf leaks.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>