Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:12:58 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "John Mills" <john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Curses at Ncurses Buildworld crash

"John Mills" <jmmills@telocity.com> writes:
: Well maybe I was just lucky, but no such problem bit
: when I rebuilt and reinstalled RELENG_4_5 without a
: hitch, but I got exactly the same results you did
: with RELENG_4_6.
:=20
: It' a bit unsettling because
: 1) Presumably the build can be done successfully
:    in some environments, and
: 2) People are installing the CD set for this
:    version with whatever this is, possibly lurking in it.

You might want to try upgrading from RELENG_4_5 to
RELENG_4_6_0_RELEASE first, and then use the 4.6.0-RELEASE
world and kernel to build RELENG_4_6.

As I've already explained to Greg in a personal note,
this worked for me and now I'm a merry user of -current
again, in a little less than 2 weeks after my atapi disk
crashed and left me with only a backup copy of my /home
and an old installation cdrom of 4.4-RELEASE :-)

Giorgos.