Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:46:43 -0500
From:      Jim <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   detachable x session (X11 application that acts like sysutils/screen)

Has anyone done anything with a program that acts like sysutils/screen
but with an X11 screen instead of a terminal? x2x and xnest both look
like they have some promise. Basically I work on projects located on
one of two systems, but I may bounce between another set of
workstations where I am physically located. If I am handling something
that I can work on console-only without trouble, I use
sysutils/screen, however some times I either need X, or X would be a
bit more effective for me. I'd like to be able to leave a xsession
running somewhere and be able to detach it and reattach to it between
login sessions.

Has anyone had experience doing this? What programs do you use?

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton