Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:18:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Norbert Augenstein <norbert@augenstein.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: startx and windows managers

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Norbert Augenstein wrote:
> Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com> wrote:
> > What is the difference between Gnome (and its default wm called
> > MetaCity) and the windows manager itself?
> all your answers you may find here: http://www.plig.org/xwinman/

Before I posted I had already read the introduction link/page.  Between
that and the next step the site becomes too technical!  I was reading
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/basics.html and it mentions that I should have
a file called /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc but I don't even have the xinit
directory!

> should i read the manuals to you?? please ask your wife
> www.qvwm.org or see link above!
> auge

I am posting because I already RTFM'ed so there is no need to get snotty
about helping me.  Can someone with a bit more class and dignity respond?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder