Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:11:16 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
Cc:        Niall Smart <njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

On Mon, Mar 02, 1998 at 05:07:31AM -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Well, all this is academic for "we ain't got no" application developers
> in this group .

:-)  As it turns out, myself and 3 others will be attempting a
FreeBSD GUI admin system (client/server) over the summer for a course
credit. Right now, the initial design is leaning towards using a
C++ server and a Java client talking to it over an established protocol.
Likely going to be using LDAP for distribution, etc, as Terry suggested
in a much earlier post.

So, wait til summer and then we'll see what happens. :-)

With my project, and the 2 others that are going on right now
(HTTP based, and the Tcl/Tk one) by fall I suspect there will be
some rather neat administration tools for FreeBSD. Yeah!

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code