Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:53:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   journaling fs

Are there any efforts to build a journaling filesystem for FreeBSD?  I
have read of several for Linux, but none for FreeBSD.

The ufs has been great.  I actually think it is more stable than what
linux uses, but I would like to avoid the problems that I have with ufs.

fsck is just so slow, especially when my drives tend to get so much larger
than before.  I have a new 30 gigger and running and fsck on that will
take a long time.  If it ever falls hard it will take forever to reboot.

(forgive me if i do know everything.  i just got here 24 years ago.)

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

fortune:
The best cure for insomnia is to get a  lot of sleep.
		-- W. C. Fields