Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 14:44:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        dgy@seagull.rtd.com (Don Yuniskis)
Cc:        hasty@netcom.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Lites and Doom

> > I have a simple question: how do you build Lites with FreeBSD?
>
> Sorry, I haven't taken a serious look into the LITES server, yet
> (I'm waiting for all the dust to settle)
>
> > Do I need to get a mach kernel source tree and if so where
> > is the best place to get one ?
>
> I don't know if the LITES distribution includes the (micro)kernel
> sources; I suspect it doesn't but, rather, includes any applicable
> patches to the mk sources.  I believe LITES will run on the
> RT-Mach (mk83i), CMU Mach (MK83A) and Utah Flexmach (Mach4?)
> microkernels.  I'd avoid the RT-Mach microkernel as it's doubtful
> you'd need the rt enhancements/complications.  MK83A can be
> anon ftp from mach.cs.cmu.edu.  Don't know the status/stability
> of the Mach4 stuff, sorry.

Mach4 is available at jaguar.cs.utah.edu:/flexmach
WWW page at http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flexmach/mach4-proj.html

There is a pointer to the lites page from there.
I believe the latest distribution may be broken for UFS.  UK02p8.
Remy Card probably knows for sure.  The patch was sinple but I don't
remember what it was.  It is probably in the mail archive.

If it is going to drop officially, soon.  It is probably worth waiting
just to get compatibility and build info.

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com