Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 07:29:18 -0600
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1R to stable supping assistance

We installed 2.1-Release (Developer package) from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM. I
was trying to upgrade from that to stable but have the following questions....

I did a sup -v stable-supfile. All appeared to go well (that sure took a
long time time to run though <grin>).

I boot to single user mode (-s at the boot prompt) and then I cd /usr/src.
When I do a make world I get a string of messages about '... missing:
./share/examples/cvs/examples (not created: read-only file system). It
appears the make world is trying to run on a read-only filesystem. What do I
do to fix this?

Next, is anything required after the make world? Do I need to make any
manual changes to files in /etc or something?

Thanks in advance...

Jay West