Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:21:38 -0400
From:      "Andrew Lankford" <arlankfo@141.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seems like freebsd doesn't like netbsd's website

In message <20020710022224.GA12525@hades.hell.gr>, Giorgos Keramidas writes:

Hmmmm.... it appears I can now reach www.netbsd.org again with no
problems and no delay.  This is quite bizarre, but it looks like
verizon DSL is playing tricks on me, just as Mr. Lehey suggested.  As far as
I can tell, we've looked at everything else.  Nice to have it up again, anyway.
I'll post another tcpdump.

Actually, once either verizon or qwest (gee, that narrows it down!) had
misconfigured a router or something, and for about one evening I got a steady
deluge of packets from various places in Japan.  I inquired about it after I
noticed the activity light on my modem blinking like mad.  That happened severalmonths ago.

>On 2002-07-09 21:57 +0000, Andrew Lankford wrote:
>> This might be totally irrelevant if I'm using pppoe over xl0 for my
>> internet connection, but speaking of checksums...
>>
>> ifconfig xl0
>>
>> xl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>> options=3<rxcsum,txcsum>
>> ether 00:01:02:73:ee:49
>> media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
>> status: active
>
>Yes.  That's it, AFAIK.  Can you test the following?
>
>	# ifconfig xl0 -rxcsum -rxcsum

Well, I tried "ifconfig xl0 -rxcsum -rxcsum" and "ifconfig xl0 -rxcsum -txcsum", and neither invocation returned an error, but it didn't appear to do anything.
Even "ifconfig xl0" returns exactly the same result as the above.

>> A few upgrades ago, I used to have ipfw compiled in with
>> #options DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT (commented out)
>> options IPSTEALTH
>> options IPDIVERT
>> ...but now I just use the kernel module.
>
>What are the rules you have loaded?

If you're still interested, I'll pass that along in a separate email.

Andrew Lankford