Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:05:56 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

>Actually, you could seperate the process using a covert channel for the
>checkout for the build server:
>
>2)      copy active cvs tree on repository to statis cvs tree on
>        build server
>5)      copy successfully test-built static cvs tree on build server
>        to distribution cvs tree on distribution server (could be
>        the same machine, the repository, or could be a third machine)

As I have said, we don't need to worry about the distribution of "cvs"
trees. If I have such a tree, I can check out the (redefined) "current"
distribution without worrying whether or not it is the "head" or if "head"
is buildable at the present time.

What we need to "limit" is the access known as "current". Updates of that
version would be subject to the "buildability" test.